Company: Lex Metal Fabricators Ltd.
Business information: Lex Metal is a full service custom metal fabricator. We specialize in the fabrication and installation of miscellaneous metals, structural steel, AESS and joist reinforcement. We design, fabricate and install structural and miscellaneous metal. We are contracted by General Contractors (for projects such as steel beams, columns, joists, stairs, handrails, railings), then design steel connections and provide blueprints, then we fabricate (cut, fit and weld) these items, ship to site and install them.
Business Address: 974 Westport Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5T 1G1
Work location: same as above (work in shop)
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines
- Fit, braze and torch-straighten metal
- Operate oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air), (AOC)
- Determine weldability of materials
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products Operate previously set-up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal
- Start up, shut down, adjust and monitor robotic welding production line
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on welding, brazing and soldering equipment
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in welding is required. If the candidate does not have 2 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate OR completion of a three-year apprenticeship program is required. CWB Certification for MIG, TIG, Flux-cored welding is an asset.
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Working at heights
- Personal suitability: Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Initiative, Accurate, Judgement.
Salary: $22.00 to $24.00 hourly, 40-44 hours per week.
Important information: Work schedule will be 6:30 am - 3:00 pm from Monday to Friday. Flexibility in schedule is required. Occasional weekend work might be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 974 Westport Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5T 1G1