Posted 1 month ago
Express Employment Professionals
$18.00 - $22.00 per hour
1. Collaborates with employees concerning work orders, prints, and sketches to understand the structure that needs to be built or repaired.
2. Estimates equipment, tool, and material requirements for each job.
3. Builds, dismantles, and repairs structures, walls, roofs, glass, and siding as assigned.
4. Cuts and shapes structures, forms, or other fixtures from wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
5. Prepares and dismantles scaffolding as needed.
6. Operates all necessary tools to complete a job.
7. Uses various hand and power tools to securely build assigned projects.
8. Ensures tools and equipment are properly cleaned, stored, and maintained for optimum performance and safety.
9. Joins materials with the most appropriate nail, screw, staple, or adhesive.
10. Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as rulers, levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
11. Erects and dismantles scaffolding.
12. Installs windows, doors, cabinets, and fixtures.
13. Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines.
14. May perform painting as needed.
15. Measures, marks, and arranges materials to established layout based on blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
16. Always adheres to safety protocols and follows policies and procedures.
1. Education: High School Diploma or related field preferred.
2. Experience: Three years’ experience in the building trades field, previous experience working with diverse populations preferred. Previous background in production a plus.
3. Certificates & Licenses: None.
4. Other Requirements: Strong stakeholder service skills. Exceptional dedication to dependability and punctuality. Strong work ethic. Ability to engage a team toward a common mission. Additional abilities required:
a. Ability to understand directions and read blueprints.
b. Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
c. Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
d. Ability to read, write and use micrometers, calipers, tape measures and other related measurement equipment required
e. Ability to perform basic arithmetic
f. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
g. Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
h. Works well as part of a team.
Express Employment Professionals in our Livonia and Taylor location, we work with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, and there are full-time, part-time, and temporary positions available. And, as one of the leading staffing agencies in North America, Express provides employment services and workforce solutions to employers throughout our community. Contact us today to get started on finding the right fit for you.
Express Employment Professionals of Livonia and Taylor, MI is a leading staffing provider helping job seekers find work with a wide variety of local businesses.
Because we're locally owned, we live in and work in Livonia and Taylor to have a vested interest in its success. In addition to our staffing services, our team is actively involved with a wide variety of causes and organizations that help strengthen our beautiful city.