As infrastructure critical to the region’s growth and prosperity, BNA is a vital asset for Middle Tennessee and serves as a gateway to Music City and beyond. According to a recent study, in 2019 alone, BNA generated more than $8.1 billion in total economic impact, supported more than 76,000 jobs in the region and produced more than $443 million in state, local and federal taxes. BNA receives no local tax dollars. For more information, visit flynashville.com. Follow us on Facebook: @NashvilleInternationalAirport, Twitter: @Fly_Nashville and Instagram: @FlyNashville. Learn more about BNA® Vision, our growth and expansion plan for the airport, at BNAVision.com.
Hiring for two (2) positions
- Apply online
- Ten (10) year background check, including criminal history check, motor vehicle check, pre-employment drug screen and breath alcohol test
- Deferred compensation plans
- Educational Assistance
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Paid Holidays
- Annual/Bereavement/Military Leave
- Accepting Applications until filled
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Sunday - Thursday
- 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m., Tuesday - Saturday
Starting Salary Range: $45,649 - $62,107
The Building Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, repairing, installing, and maintaining plumbing, irrigation systems, water and gas piping, fire suppression systems, mechanical systems, wastewater treatment systems, and motorized drive assemblies. Performs maintenance, replacement and new installation of all types of plumbing fixtures, pumps, meters, sewage disposal stations, electric and gas water heaters and other related equipment. Other responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance inspections on mechanical equipment in compliance with service, warranty, and maintenance standards. Assist contractors in major emergency utility repair and performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performs preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment in compliance with service, warranty, and maintenance standards.
- Inspects new plumbing installations including water systems, hot water heaters, circulating pumps, and electrical heating units.
- Checks, maintains, and test fire protection systems for proper operation.
- Installs and maintains campus irrigation system; installs, maintains, and repairs pneumatic equipment and systems.
- Repairs and replace leaking pipes, toilets, faucets, valves, check valves, liquid soap dispensers, flushometers, vacuum breakers, etc.
- Tests and repairs backflow preventers.
- Unclogs and cleans basin traps, pipe chase closets, sanitary and storm drains.
- Cleans and repairs sump pumps.
- Services and repairs circulating pumps and tritcherators, sewage and storm water lift stations for proper operations.
- Uses building automation systems and command changes.
- Operates sewer jetter and augers.
- Performs soldering, brazing and welding.
- Maintains regular on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Supports MNAA’s commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE).
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Plumbing: Knowledge of procedures and equipment of plumbing, to include calculating volumes, areas, and flow rates to properly size water and drainage pipes.
- Electrical Facilities and Equipment: Knowledge of local, state, and federal codes pertaining to electrical or airfield facilities and equipment.
- Mechanical Systems: Knowledge of techniques and safety practices used in the installation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Electrical Circuits: Knowledge of electrical circuits and devices related to building or airfield maintenance.
- Fire Safety Equipment: Knowledge of fire safety equipment, including the installation, maintenance, and testing of alarms and sprinklers.
- Scheduling: Knowledge of developing and monitoring monthly work schedules.
- Welding Trade: Knowledge of the methods, materials, and terminology used in brazing and soldering.
- Equipment Maintenance: Skill in identifying the need for and performing routine maintenance on equipment.
- Communication: Skill in communicating effectively at all levels of the organization and with stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
- Multi-Channel Radios: Skill in operating multi-channel radios.
- Relationship Building: Skill in establishing and maintaining effective and professional working relationships with others.
- Reporting: Skill in preparing and producing timely and accurate oral and written reports.
- Blueprint Reading: Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and other technical drawings such as schematics, ladder diagrams, and sketches.
- Leadership: Skill in leading, taking charge, and offering opinions and direction.
- Dependability: Acts reliably and responsibly with others.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Fiscal Responsibility: May assist in the collection of budget data and monitoring of low-level budgets.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Not responsible for the direction or supervision of others.
- Freedom to Act: Follows Standard Operating Procedures, with some choice regarding the appropriate procedure.
- Collaboration: Regularly interacts with others to share information.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge.
As infrastructure critical to the region’s growth and prosperity, BNA is a vital asset for Middle Tennessee and serves as a gateway to Music City and beyond. According to a recent State of Tennessee study, in 2019 alone, BNA generated more than $9.9 billion in total economic impact. BNA supported more than 76,000 jobs in the region and produced more than $443 million in state, local and federal taxes. BNA receives no local tax dollars. For more information, visit flynashville.com. Follow us on Facebook: @NashvilleInternationalAirport, Twitter: @Fly_Nashville and Instagram: @FlyNashville. Learn more about BNA® Vision, our growth and expansion plan for the airport, at BNAVision.com.