Company: Harbor Painting Co. Inc.
Business information: We offer a wide and varied range of residential and commercial painting services; interior and exterior painting, as well as cabinet refinishing. As one of the most trusted painting companies in York Region, Harbor Painting has developed and implemented systems and procedures proven to make commercial or residential projects run like a well-oiled machine. We consult our clients before the project begins to understand the requirements. All of our staff at Harbor Painting Co. Inc. goes above and beyond to guarantee a happy experience from beginning to end.
Business Address: 350 Harry Walker Parkway, Unit 16, Newmarket, ON L3Y 8L3
Work Location: Various locations throughout the Toronto Region: Newmarket, Aurora, Keswick, King, Stouffville, Toronto.
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks and holes
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Erect scaffolding
- Tend or operate equipment to prepare items for application of protective or decorative coatings
- Tend or operate equipment to spray or coat
- Prepare and apply stencils, decals or other decorative items on finished products
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Clean work area
- Read and interpret blueprints/sketches/specifications
- May drive to and from work locations
- Education: Completion of secondary education is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required Or Completion of a three-to four-year apprenticeship program will help to qualify.
- Knowledge of roller, power sanders and brush painting and usage of airless spray equipment, boom lift/man lift machinery is required.
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Bending, crouching, kneeling, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Physically demanding, Work under pressure, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Repetitive tasks, Tight deadlines, Standing for extended periods, Manual dexterity, Handling heavy loads (up to 23kg – 50 lbs), Fast-paced environment, Ability to distinguish between colours
- Personal Suitability: Client focus, Initiative, Team player, Effective interpersonal skills, Judgement, Accurate, Organized
- Work site environment: Indoors, Outdoors, At heights
- Language: Basic English is required
- Driver’s license (Class 1/A) is a strong asset
Salary: $25.00 - $27.00 per hour, 45 hours per week.
Benefits: Working tools provided, If the candidate is willing to relocate, the employer covers the transportation costs, Performance bonus, Vehicle for work use only is provided
- Flexibility in schedule is required. Work schedule will be Monday to Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Overtime may be required on weekends based on the business’ needs. Employee is entitled to a 30-minute paid lunch break and two 15-minute paid healthy breaks.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 350 Harry Walker Parkway, Unit 16, Newmarket, ON L3Y 8L3
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Painter**