St. Thomas, ON
1 month ago
Company:North Star Manufacturing o/a North Star Windows and Doors
Business information:Since 1985 North Star has been an industry leader in the manufacture of attractive and energy-efficient vinyl windows and patio doors.We are committed to best-in-class manufacturing technology and ensure all our products consistently exceed industry standards.
Business address:40684 Talbot Line St. Thomas, ON N5P 3T2
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment:Full Time–Seasonal / 6-month contract
Estimated Start Date:May 1st, 2020
• Operate machine to fabricate parts and products
• Complete reports on product inspection
• Affix seal or tags to approved products
• Sand, trim, grind or clean products into final form using hand tools
• Build vinyl windows and patio doors
• Cut vinyl, frames, drop in glass, affix hardware
• Clean product, inspect product, wrap product, ship product
• Return defective products for repair or recycle
• Check manufactured items for defects and conformance to specifications
• Load, feed or place materials into machine
• Screw, clip, glue, bond, weld or otherwise assemble parts and components to form final products
• Cut, shape and fit materials to form parts and components
• Clean work area
• Change machinery attachments
• Monitor machine during operation
-Education: No education is required
-Experience: Experience as a manufacturing labourer or construction type experience is an asset.
-Training will be provided
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Handling heavy loads
Standing for extended periods
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 hourly, 40-48 hours per week
Benefits:Hand tools and personal protective equipment provided. Transportation may be provided if required. We will help the workers find suitable and affordable accommodation if needed.
-Regular work schedule will be on a shift rotational basis. The average shifts start at 7am and end at 3:30 pm, start at 3:45 pm to 12:15 am (midnight), or start at 11 pm to 7 am (midnight). Overtime schedule can include 9-hour days and, part-time and/or full Saturdays.
-This position is seasonal (6 months).Workers needed for next season starting as early as May 1st, 2020.
Apply by e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by fax:866-464-4139
Apply by mail to:40684 Talbot Line St. Thomas, ON N5P 3T2
Alberta Beach, AB
Heavy Construction-Equipment Operator / Operateur/opératrice d’engin lourd de construction