Posted 1 week ago
La Cygne, KS
$40000.00 - $65000.00 per annum
1. Oversee and be primarily responsible for the Camp’s overall building, grounds, equipment maintenance and upkeep as well as all personnel necessary for such operations.
2. Communicate to the Senior Camp Facilities Manager any issues that would put the safety or well-being of the Camp, its property, its staff, or its activity participants in jeopardy or harms way.
3. Be prepared to consistently promote and represent the organization, its interests and programs. Perform specific functions and responsibilities of promotion and marketing as assigned by supervisor.
4. Help with projects related to maintenance and capital improvements for all Youthfront properties and facilities as needed, including serving on the COOP team.
5. Manage and execute the Responsibility Budget for:Youthfront Camp LaCygne facilities, Youthfront Camp LaCygne capital improvements, and the personal support expense account.
6. Maintain and comply with all training and certifications needed. Although such trainings will be funded by Youthfront, it is the Managers responsibility to ensure training and certification requirements are adhered to.
7. Work closely, and in harmony, with the Camp Director(s) for Youthfront LaCygne. The Manager must make every effort to promote good communication with the Camp Director(s), Senior Director of Camps, Senior Camp Facilities Manager, Youthfront staff, and other camp staff. During the summer camp season, the Camp Director for this location is the final say in cases of emergency or urgent matters.
8. Plan and Shedule appropriately. The success of the Manager is directly related to the efficient planning and scheduling that is performed. Daily assessment of the needs of the facility, and foresight of upcoming needs will help in this planning. Use of scheduled preventative maintenance routes and procedures is essential.
9. Maintain Operational Records. Thorough on-going documentation and record keeping of all maintenance activities will greatly assist the Manager in being able to anticipate and plan future maintenance and facility needs. Good record keeping enables the Manager to make wise repair/replace decisions.
10. Ensure safety for all Youthfront LaCgyne staff and guests. It is the Manager's responsibility to ensure that all aspects of the facility are meeting standard safety requirements. This involves everything from the physical facility and equipment to procedures, events, and activities. The Manager must be Youthfront's "Safety filter". The implementation and use of preventative maintenance routes and procedures, including facility inspection sheets, will assist in fulfilling this important task.
11. Execute building maintenance following periodic preventative maintenance routes and inspections. These routes include HVAC systems and filters, rodent and insect control, and refrigeration systems, and long-term planning for remodeling aspects of the buildings as needed.
12. Execute equipment maintenance following established service intervals, as well as preventative maintenance inspections to ensure the safety of all equipment. Perform ongoing long-term planning to allow for replacement and upgrading of equipment as needed.
13. Execute attraction maintenance, including annual inspections of all attractions for safety and viability. Perform ongoing daily and/or weekly visual inspections for needed repairs and upkeep, as well as ongoing long-term planning to allow for major repairs and/or replacement.
14. Execute grounds maintenance, including ongoing upkeep of roads, green spaces, gardens, sidewalks and concrete, etc.
15. Perform systems maintenance, including daily inspections of water system, sanitation system, and refrigeration/freezer systems and long-term planning for needed upgrades or replacement. Perform daily inspection and maintenance of pool systems during operating season.
16. Oversee food services. Maintain Manager certification compliance through Serve-Safe. Execute hiring and training of qualified staff, management of food service operations in compliance with State Health regulations. Establish menus and manage food inventories including procurement and storage, maintenance of all food services equipment, and maintaining a clean food service establishment.
17. Oversee janitorial services, including supervision of cleaning personnel for cabins and buildings after usages. Maintain proper inventories of janitorial supplies. Manage all trash control, disposal systems, and procedures. Responsible for hiring of a professional trash disposal company to provide dumpster(s) as needed.
18. Procure and maintain relationships with necessary suppliers and vendors for the operational needs of the camp facilities.
19. Ensure expedience in processing invoices, statements, and other paperwork with proper coding and notations. Provide transfer of paperwork to HQ in a timely manner (at minimum once weekly).
20. Maintain a positive relationship with camp neighbors and the nearby community of the camp facility.
21. Ensure the smooth functioning of retreat operations. Hire, train, and oversee qualified hosts for retreats and ensure all other retreat staff positions are filled, including at least one qualified maintenance staff person on site. Host (on average) one retreat per/month.
Experience with general building and grounds maintenance preferred (HVAC, electrical, plumbing)
Experience with equipment maintenance and repairs preferred
Experience in making quality purchasing decisions
Basic knowledge of food services & safety
Valid Driver's License
This is not your typical trades job! Imagine overseeing the facilities at a youth summer camp on a beautiful wooded acreage full of fresh air with hardworking, kind coworkers that genuinely care about one another. Youthfront is a fun, family friendly, Christian youth organization that has been around for 80+ years. Our staff is a tight knit community that regularly practices prayer and play as we seek to minister with young people and help them discover their unique agency and calling. Youthfront offers an array of benefits for all full time staff, including health, dental, and life insurance, a 403b retirement plan, generous paid time off, and a monthly allocation for remote work days. This position also offers on the job training and the potential for certain trades certifications to be company paid.
Youthfront is a fun, family friendly, youth organization that has been around for 80+ years. Our staff is a tight knit community that regularly practices prayer and play as we seek to minister with young people and help them discover their unique agency and calling. Annually, we serve over 4,000 youth across our programs, which include Youthfront Camps, Presence Centered Counseling, Something to Eat, and Missional Journeys, among many others.