Company: KMC Mining Corporation / KMC Mining
Business information: KMC Mining has been involved with some of Western Canada’s most exciting development projects. We have completed infrastructure and mining projects throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Yukon, and the Northwest Territories. By combining tomorrow’s technology and today’s highly skilled and dedicated workforce, we have evolved into one of the most competitive and reliable contractors within the oilsands industry. We are looking for experienced and hardworking off-road journeyman heavy-duty equipment mechanics who have worked in a mining environment to join our team!
Business Address: 28712-114 Avenue Acheson, AB, T7X 6E6
Work Location: Various locations - Suncor & Syncrude minesites in Fort McMurray, AB
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical issues on haul trucks, graders, excavators, shovels and dozers
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Assist in the ordering of parts and inventory for mining equipment, providing warehouse teams with expertise and guidance
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Provide technical diagnosis and perform maintenance on various makes and models of large mining equipment
- Ensure work is completed safely and an FLRA is completed at the beginning of every job or when a job changes
- Perform equipment maintenance according to standards, procedures and practices set out by industry and KMC Mining
- Communicate updates to supervisor to ensure goals are met
- Report all incidents, damage and near misses immediately
- Instruct and coach apprentices
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Operate a mechanic’s truck safely in a mine environment, ensuring the destination is reached following mine driving rules
- Other duties as assigned
Major work area: Mine Maintenance
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience and certification requirements:
- Have the Trade Certification or be eligible to obtain the Trade Certification. Regarding the experience we require only the necessary experience to be certified.
- Knowledge troubleshooting/repairing CAT 777, 789, 793D Haul Trucks, CAT 24M, 24H Graders, CAT D10T, D11T Dozers, Komatsu 930E, 930E Haul Trucks, Komatsu 375, 475 Dozers is required
- CAT and Komatsu dealer training, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Hoisting/Rigging, Aerial Work Platform, Man Basket and Picker Truck training/experience are considered strong assets
- Driver's license is required
- Physically able to perform the duties of this position. Handling heavy loads, manual dexterity and bending, crouching, kneeling. This position is physically demanding.
Salary: As per collective agreement, Gross Rate of $ 54.84 - 56.04 per hour. Base Rate of $43.33 per hour + Vacation Pay (6% of base rate) of $ 2.60 per hour + Holiday rate (4% of base rate) of $ 1.73 per hour + Tool allowance of $ 1.00 per hour + Night Shift Premium (for all shifts between 4 pm and 5 am) of $ 1.20 per hour + Pension of $4.46 hourly + Training of $ 0.07 hourly + Health & Wellness of $1.65 per hour. 42-53 Hours per week.
- Disability insurance, dental insurance, extended medical insurance, and pension plan.
- Boot allowance of CAD 225 per year and coveralls are provided.
- Monthly living allowance (CAD 750) will be provided to successful candidates who choose to be local to Fort McMurray OR Camp accommodation will be provided for scheduled rotation to candidates who choose not to be local to Fort McMurray.
- Transportation will be provided to and from site and town.
- Trade premiums offered based on experience and camp or local compensation packages. Trade premiums range from $ 3.00- $ 8.00 per hour.
- Annual Retention bonus of $1.00 per hour for all Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanics.
Two modalities of work available:14 (days/nights) on, 14 off OR 14 (7 days, 7 nights) on, 7 off.
Shift of 12 hours per day, with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break. Work on Holidays and overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com