Company: Walinga Inc.
Business information: Walinga Inc. manufactures customized products such as Bulk Feed Bodies, Bag Bulk and Waste Management Units, Dump, Animal Welfare and Belt Trailers, among other products of the highest quality at the fairest price through efficiency, organization and innovation in an environment that includes all employees. Walinga is proud to have served many customers and industries worldwide. Walinga continues to supply its equipment to the grain, feed & seed industry offering worldwide sales and support. We have an increased presence in Mexico and Latin America and are currently looking for an Industrial Mechanic to join our team and provide in-field mechanical services as after-sales service support in Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile and Argentina.
Business Address: 5656 Highway 6N, RR#5, Guelph, ON, N1H 6J2
Work Location: 5656 Highway 6N, RR#5, Guelph, ON, N1H 6J2. Travel is required to Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile and Argentina, at least 12 times a year.
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions
- Construct foundations for machinery
- Repair or replace defective machinery parts
- Fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up
- Perform routine maintenance work on machinery
- Coach and instruct apprentices in Spanish and English depending on work location.
- Supervise other workers in Spanish and English depending on work location.
- Perform in-field service and training in Spanish and English depending on work location.
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications in Spanish and English depending on work location.
- Estimate costs and materials in Spanish and English depending on work location.
- Operate machining tools to fabricate parts
- Be able to improvise in the field where required – depending on work location
- Program programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Installing machinery and equipment
- Assembling machinery and equipment (prior to installation)
- Perform pre-delivery inspections and mechanical services on highway tractors and trailers
- Installing hydraulic pumps, power take offs on transmission, hydraulic lines, hydraulic controls and tanks.
Area of specialization:
- Start-up and testing
- Renovating and restoring
- Bearing, seals and packing
- Specialty welding
- Hydraulic systems analysis and adjustment
- Electronic over Hydraulic controls
- Start up and adjustment of mechanical and pneumatic conveying systems
Major work area: Maintenance, In-Field Training, Service and Repair
- Education: Completion of secondary education.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience performing mechanical services on highway tractors and trailers is required.
- The position requires specialized knowledge in hydraulics, mechanics and pneumatics, related to blowers, trailers and track units and specialized knowledge on delivery systems related to grains and animal feed.
- Oral and Written fluency in Spanish is essential for this position because it involves in-field services in Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile and Argentina at least 12 times a year, where training, supervising and communicating in Spanish is required.
- Driver's license is required. Truck's license is an asset
Salary: $28.75 to $30.00 hourly, 44-60 Hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, dental insurance, extended medical insurance and pension provided. All travel expenses are covered during work trips.
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Innovative and work well under pressure
- Physically demanding. This position involves standing, laying down and working with the arms above the shoulders for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility on schedule is required. The most common shift will be from 7am to 4:30pm from Monday to Thursday and Friday from 7am to 3:30pm. Overtime may be required, up to 60 hours per week.
- Work in the field is required. Must be able to travel at least 12 times a year to Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile and Argentina. All travel expenses are covered during work trips.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to:5656 Highway 6N, RR#5, Guelph, ON, N1H 6J2