Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Unified School District
4 months ago
Note: We are also accepting applications for the Mill Carpenter position.
Up to $42.50/hourly plus excellent benefits!
Application close date: 02/01/2020
About the Role:
Lead Cabinetmaker leads the woodworking mill operations in the District.
• Motivates the team to complete projects involving woodworking manufacturing of window frames, doors, cabinets, furniture, bookcases, molding and other mill manufactured items.
• Creates and plans team work schedules with other craft supervisors.
• Finds and inspects equipment, supplies, techniques and systems.
• Stays within the project budget and makes sure the assigned work is completed.
• Trains and mentors work crews in proper and safe use of tools, equipment and materials
Insurance: District paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision plans for you and your dependents (at no added cost), and life insurance plans.
Retirement: Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
Vacation: Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service.
Paid Holidays: 12 days.
How to Apply:
(1) Visit https://www.lausdjobs.org
(2) Look for “Jobs Open to the Public” on the right side of the screen to find the link for the position of “ Supervising Mill Carpenter“
(3) Complete and submit the application
Graduation from High School or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency and four years of journey-level millwork or cabinetmaker experience.
The ideal candidate:
- Looks out for the safety of the team and make sure the workplace is hazard-free
- Can work with mill and cabinet work tools, materials and machinery
- Has experience in cabinet construction, veneering, and gluing, as well as composition, application, and
use of plastics and phenolics
- Be able to receive, store and keep track of inventory for lumber yard materials
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Read sketches, blueprints, plans, drawings and specifications
- Enter and retrieve information using computers
- Estimate cost of materials and labor
- Prepare reports and write clearly and briefly
- Work well in a team and meet project deadlines